Thursday, February 26, 2009

Starfucker: Portland's Best


I first heard Starfucker when I made friends with some amazing Portland kids this summer through a craigslist rideshare connection. They were bike enthusiast hipsters, a fusion breed they called "bikesters." They took me to one night of PDX Pop Now!, the town's three day long free indie music extravaganza that was happening while I was couchsurfing with them. Starfucker was the most fun of the few bands I saw, and I found myself in an insanely sweaty hipster smosh-pit for their set, a trance-like quasi mosh pit that was more like drunk white scenesters trying to dance badly while smushed too close together in the sweltering west coast summer night. I enjoy these kids immensely, and this is my favorite song of theirs.


09 Pop Song.wma - starfucker

Starfucker Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment