Monday, June 29, 2009

Whoa: Grizzly Bear is creepy, exploding?

So Grizzly Bear's newest album Veckatimest, named after an uninhabited island in New York, has been making a bit of a hullabaloo on the Billboard charts. The indie elite is doing its (tiny awkward) happy dance because the bands we like never get their names up on that graph! Yippee! But honestly, I don't like the record that much. I listened to it a few times and never retained anything, so I can't even really tell you why I don't like it. It's just not... sticky enough I guess. And below here I am going to post the video for their single "Two Weeks", the only song I remember enjoying off the album. When I first watched this video, I was really busy being creeped out really hard by their staring, shiny, unflinching altar boy doll faces and constantly looking away from the screen, trying to avoid the jumpy screen trickery that seems bound to pop out at any moment. The heebie jeebies (read: bow ties, sweatiness, EYE TICS) go on and on and on... and then their faces start to glow and... then they... ignite. It's a weird, trainwrecky video, and I kinda like it, but I'm not sure if I am okay with that. Decide for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment